Big turnout for Swiss Bitumen Day 2018
The broad programme, which was very much appreciated by participants, also included a number of technical presentations:
- Bitumen vs PmB: Dr. Markus Spiegl, OMV Austria
- Finding the way to the 5th generation road: Nicolas Hautière, IFSTTAR France
- Tyres of the future: adhesion, noise and demands on the roads: Jean-Dominique Perrot, Michelin France
- The road of the future: Guido Biaggio (pictured), ASTRA Federal Road Office, Switzerland
- Expectations from Eurobitume members on future technical requirements of road authorities: Dr. Anja Soerensen, Eurobitume Deutschland, Adrian Zippo, Shell Bitumen
- Eurobitume: a modernised organization: Aimé Xhonneux, Eurobitume
Also at the event, Eurobitume President Siobhan McKelvey, spoke about the significant change and progress the Association has made in a short period of time. She also underlined the importance of local representations to Eurobitume.
To close the meeting, Aimé Xhonneux and Siobhan McKelvey gave a presentation, honouring Eurobitume Switzerland’s manager Heinz Rusch for his years of dedication to the association, which began in 2011. Heinz will soon retire, handing over the reins to Hans-Peter Beyeler at the end of this year.