2016 Eurobitume Bitumen Consumption Statistics for Europe

Europe |

The 2016 Eurobitume Bitumen Consumption Statistics for Europe have been released and show that 11.274 million tonnes of bitumen were consumed in Europe last year.

Approximately 93% of all the bitumen supplied was used for paving applications. The remaining 7% went into industrial and other applications.

Available from the Eurobitume website, the data is presented by country/region and provides a representative indication of the total consumption across all grades of bitumen. Consumption is reported by country where at least four suppliers have provided data. Where fewer than four suppliers responded, country figures are grouped together.