French Mobility Act prioritises road network rehabilitation
This Act signifies a huge transformation in response to an imperative: to improve the day-to-day mobility of all citizens, in all regions, through more efficient, cleaner and more accessible transport solutions. The rehabilitation of roads will support the government's goal to prepare the country for the various challenges of the ecological and energy transition.
The four objectives of the Mobility Act
1. Provide everyone, everywhere, with alternative solutions to dependency on individual car use
2. Develop innovation and new mobility solutions that must be made available to everybody
3. Reduce the environmental footprint of transport, by making a successful ecological transition in the way we travel
4. Invest more in infrastructures that improve daily travel
The Mobility Act is designed as a toolbox at the disposal of all the stakeholders who act on a daily basis: mobility operators, local authorities, employers, users. This is a big change in method: the State is no longer only building infrastructure, it will become a facilitator that gives all the necessary tools to provide the best answers, invent, innovate and improve the daily journeys of our fellow citizens.
The 15 key actions
1. Alternatives to the private car in 100% of the country
2. A 40% increase in investments to improve everyday transport
3. Priority to the rehabilitation of the road and rail networks
4. An unprecedented plan to develop public transport and open up the territories
5. Facilitating the mobility of people with disabilities
6. Mobility support for all job seekers
7. 100% information on the accessible mobility offer and the possibility of a door-to-door journey with a single ticket
8. Autonomous shuttles in operation from 2020
9. A sustainable mobility package: up to 400 euros/year to go to work by bike or carpool
10. An action plan to develop carpooling
11. A cycling plan to triple its share of travel by 2024
12. A new framework for self-service solutions
13. The implementation of the electric vehicle facilitated by electric charging stations 14. The implementation of low-emission areas for more breathable air
15. A cheaper and faster driving licence.