Bitume Info #38 published
Of interest to anyone involved with the bitumen industry, Bitume Info No. 38 includes a broad mix of topical articles including:
- Eurobitume France Director Jean-Michel Michou encourages readers to participate in the forthcoming E&E Congress on 15-17 June, which has gone virtual for the first time and highlights importance of sustainable development.
- Eurobitume President Frédérique Cointe speaks about her career, her long association with Eurobitume, the unprecedented current times and how Eurobitume is helping its members to meet many common challenges facing the global bitumen industry.
- The advantages of bitumen which make asphalt and asphalt mixes the materials of choice for increasingly popular cycling tracks.
- Bitumen’s important role in upgrading, to motorway standard, the Centre Europe Atlantique (RCEA) road between Sazeret (Allier) and Digoin (Saône-et-Loire).
- A new technical guide on asphalt mixes with emulsion manufactured in emulsion plant: The need to protect the environment, reduce energy consumption and preserve material resources makes techniques that avoid heating asphalt mixes of great interest.
- An interview with Didier Colin, the new General Director of IDRRIM, who answers the questions:
- ¤ What is the Pact of Commitment with the Ministry of Transport, recently signed by mobility infrastructure stakeholders – including authorities, national and local project owners, design and engineering offices, road manufacturers and bitumen suppliers?
- ¤ What are its objectives?
- Eurobitume’s latest Technical Information Sheet on the Dynamic viscosity
- The safe handling of bitumen and how Eurobitume’s burns cards and safety shower guidance help to manage the risk of bitumen burns.
To view or download a PDF of the latest issue of French-language bitumen industry magazine Bitume Info, click here.