Key industry issues explored at successful E&E Event 2022
After professional moderator Peter Woodward, Eurobitume President Francisco Lucas (Repsol) and EAPA President Juan Jose Potti (ASEFMA) opened the event, 25 expert speakers and panellists from the bitumen and asphalt industries and important external stakeholder organisations delivered insightful physical or online presentations across six interesting sessions. A few of the external speakers who contributed to the six sessions are shown below:
1. Working effectively with sustainability:
- Philippe Moseley, European Commission, DG GROW, Construction Unit H.1, Brussels
- Thor Asbjørn Lunaas, Norwegian Public Roads Administration.
2. Future mobility and key changes to manage:
- Thierry Goger, Europe’s National Road Research Centres (FEHRL)
- Christophe Nicodeme, European Union Road Federation (ERF)
3. 'Call for Action' from Future Leaders:
- Professor Bernhard Hofko, Vienna University of Technology
- Sheila Barkevich, President, Women of Asphalt, United States
4. Health & Safety - most presentations were delivered by internal industry speakers:
5. Asphalt 4.0 and Digitalisation:
- Leandro Harries, Transportation Infrastructure Engineering, Technical University of Darmstadt
- Aida Marza Beltran, BECSA, Spain
6. 'Let’s use communication to promote our industry'
At the end of the final session, a short presentation and recognition award was made by Siobhan McKelvey and Carsten Karcher, representing the E&E coalition, and Pete Grass from the Asphalt Institute, to former Senior Technical Advisor to Eurobitume, Mike Southern, for all his service to the industry.
In her closing remarks, Eurobitume Director General Siobhan McKelvey reminded participants that through the virtual platform they had three months’ access to all the materials from E&E Event 2022, so they could view presentations they may have originally missed and revisit any they might want to see again.
Finally, details for the next joint Eurobitume and EAPA event were announced.
- The 8th E&E Congress will take place in Budapest, Hungary, on Wednesday 19th to Friday 21st of June in 2024.