Sharing best practice with highway engineers in the UK
Over 75 local authority highway engineers and road industry professionals from across the UK attended the Asphalt Industry Alliance’s (AIA)’s recent Sharing Best Practice event near Birmingham, which was jointly organised by AIA partners Eurobitume UK and the Mineral Products Association.
Themed ‘The route to the roads of the future’, the event included interesting presentations on a wide range of topical subjects such as the use of Life Cycle Inventories in sustainability assessments within the asphalt industry, and adapting highway practices in light of the declaration of a climate change emergency.
Eurobitume’s Senior Technical Advisor Mike Southern
speaking about sustainability assessment within the asphalt industry
Sharing Best Practice presentations (which can be downloaded from the links provided)
- Climate change – Impact on highways and transport service delivery
- Improving customer satisfaction through local devolution and volunteering
- Sustainability assessment within the asphalt industry
- Update from Highways England’s PEG (Pavement Efficiency Group)
- Moving to Warm Mix
- Wiltshire and Warm Mix
- Plastic in roads – a journey
- Birmingham Highways – Moving Forward
- ADEPT Live Labs – SIMULATE
- Delivering Better Street Works
Reaction to the day was extremely positive, with 100% of delegates who provided feedback saying they would recommend attending a future Sharing Best Practice event to colleagues.