Swiss Bitumen Day a success
Almost 100 participants from industry and government authorities heard expert speakers deliver interesting presentations about a variety of topics including sustainability, technical standards, warm mixes and the use of bitumen in art!
- Sustainable road construction in Switzerland: Guido Biaggio, ASTRA
- Standardisation news in Europe and Switzerland: Dr Anja Sörensen, Eurobitume Deutschland (French presentations - Fr1 and Fr2, German presentations - De1 and De2) and Tony Bühler, VSS NFK 3.3 Bitume
- Sustainability in the asphalt industry: Aurelio Zucchetti, asphaltsuisse
- Warm mixes, a pilot project: Prof. Dr. Nicolas Bueche, Bernische Fachhochschule BFH
- Inspired by bitumen: Heinz Aeschlimann, Aeschlimann Asphalt Engineering
After a long period without face-to-face meetings, the opportunities for personal interaction over coffee and lunch were also very much appreciated.