Eurobitume provides expert input into the revision of test methods
Appropriate test method standards are important for everyone involved with the bitumen industry, as they help provide a set of common references for buyers and suppliers.
Eurobitume draws upon the wealth of experience and expertise of our members to provide valuable input into of the revision of European test method standards1 for bitumen and bituminous binders.
Eurobitume´s Task Force (TF) Test Methods, which already collates this valuable input to help produce our popular and well used series of Technical Information Sheets2 is currently involved with input to the CEN revision process for the following three standards:
- EN 14769 Bitumen and bituminous binders – Accelerated long–term ageing conditioning by a Pressure Ageing Vessel (PAV)
- EN 14770 Bitumen and bituminous binders – Determination of complex shear modulus and phase angle using a Dynamic Shear Rheometer (DSR)
- EN 14771 Bitumen and bituminous binders – Determination of the flexural creep stiffness - Bending Beam Rheometer (BBR)
Looking a little further ahead, the focus for TF Test Methods will soon broaden to additionally include the confirmed or expected standard revisions below:
- EN 1427 Bitumen and bituminous binders – Determination of the softening point - Ring and Ball method (decision to revise expected in November 2020)
- EN 12595 Bitumen and bituminous binders – Determination of kinematic viscosity (revision to start in autumn 2020)
- EN 12596 Bitumen and bituminous binders – Determination of dynamic viscosity by vacuum capillary (revision to start in autumn 2020)
- EN 12607-1 Bitumen and bituminous binders – Determination of the resistance to hardening under the influence of heat and air – Part 1: RTFOT method (revision to start in autumn 2020)
1 Every five years after a European Standard has been published, a Systematic Review is conducted amongst CEN members. Based upon the outcome, the relevant CEN Committee then decides whether the standard should either be withdrawn, confirmed without change or revised.
2 All our Technical Information Sheets (TIS) can be downloaded from the Eurobitume website here