For construction products, CE marking (Conformité Européenne) is the European Economic Area symbol that signifies conformity to the Declaration of Performance set up by the manufacturer based on a harmonised European standard.
Bituminous binders are covered by harmonised European standards and are subject to CE marking after Declaration of Performance:
- Paving grade bitumen (EN12591)
- Hard paving grade bitumen (EN 13924)
- Cationic bituminous emulsions (EN 13808)
- Cutback and fluxed bitumens (EN 15322)
- Polymer modified bitumen (EN 14023)